Trinity College Dublin is delighted to announce a new, free, online course: “From Diagnosis to Survivorship: An introduction to Radiation Oncology,” from the discipline of Radiation Therapy.
Starting on the 3rd of September 2018, this new free online course is open to cancer patients, their family members and friends who are interested in learning more about radiation therapy as a treatment for cancer. Healthcare professionals outside of the field of radiation oncology are also very welcome to join this course.
Learn why radiation therapy is a safe and effective way to treat cancer.
At the end of this two week course learners will be able to:
• Describe the role of radiation oncology in managing cancer
• Identify the radiation therapy patient pathway
• Recognise the roles of the health care professionals involved in radiation therapy
• Discuss the safe use of radiation therapy in cancer care
• Explain the basic science behind radiation therapy
• Describe state of the art radiation therapy, such as personalised medicine
• Discuss upcoming biological and technological developments in radiation therapy
Register today on Futurelearn, the social learning platform, to access this free online course starting on the 3rd of September 2018.
Open to anyone, wherever you are in the world, now you can take part in a Trinity education from the comfort of your own home.
|Event Type||Alumni, Classes, Conferences, Courses, Lectures and Seminars, Public, Special events, Student events, Workshops and Training|
|Type of Event||One-time event|
|Audience||Undergrad, Postgrad, Alumni, Faculty & Staff, Public|
|Cost||Free for duration of the course|
|Contact Name||Silvia Gallagher|